LWV 100th Anniversary
2020 at Center for Family Health: LWVJA talking about elections, voter registration and the upcoming Census and the importance of filling ou the Census information.
February 14, 2020 marked the 100 Anniversary of the founding of the League of Women Voters. The year 2020 also marked the 100th anniversary of American women obtaining the right to vote. Due to the Covid – 19 Pandemic, many of the events planned were cancelled and delayed. But in 2020 LWVJA was resourceful and proceeded with:
- Fall Candidate Forums – held virtually with more forums than we’ve ever held in one election season and available on our website for all voters.
- Blackman Park / City Square Display told the story of Women’s struggle to get the vote
- Annual Fall Tea Friend-raiser was a virtual success with over 70 attending
- Voter Registration – provided opportunities early in the year
- Census Support – provided socially distanced opportunities for hard to reach citizens to fill out their census forms
Rescheduled for 2021