Friendship Tea 2024
Saturday, November 16
Next year’s Friendship Tea will again be a unique time to enjoy with friends and family and is open to women, men, and children! Don’t miss it – put it on your calendar now.
Our Mission: EMPOWERING VOTERS and DEFENDING DEMOCRACY
Our Tea is our major fund raising event that provides us with necessary flexibility to carry out our mission. Some of our efforts in carrying out our mission include:
- Informing voters about Ballot Proposals
- Providing newly registered voters with information on how/where to vote.
- Working to inform students of the voting process and how to register to vote
- Hosting candidate forums for local elections
- Collecting information from local candidates to publish on the league’s VOTE411 website
- Talking with people at community events about the importance of voting
- Volunteering as election workers
- Observing the work of the Board of Canvassers
- Observing local governmental meetings
- Educating the community of the new voting rules that will be in place for the 2024 elections
The photos on this page and in our Gallery show some of the festivities from our 2019, 2020 (virtual), 2021 and 2022 teas including the wonderfully decorated tables set by the hostesses. Our photo gallery includes photos in chronological order from 2023 back to our first tea in 2019. This year’s tea was held on Veteran’s Day.
Put us on your calendar now to come and spend a cozy time enjoyed with friends and family at our Sixth Annual Friendship Tea on November 16, 2024.
Both our 2021 and 2022 teas at Unity Church included lots of silent auction items, an estate sale, door prizes and wonderful company. The background of live piano music added a sense of quiet elegance as we shared our tea time with friends. We all sipped a cup of tea as each hostess shared special memories about her tea table. Then we were treated to an entertaining presentation: in 2022 we were taken back in time to a classic Burns & Allen Radio Show: Gracie Runs for President put on by several members of Center Stage. In 2021 noted Jackson Historian, Linda Hass delighted us with some unusual and overlooked stories about Jackson.
Our 2020 tea was a virtual celebration of the 100th anniversary of the League of Women Voters and women’s suffrage. We had an inspiring visit from Alice Paul who shared a bit about her life and struggles in the women’s suffragette movement of 100 years ago. In 2019, Ann Green delighted us with a reading of the classic holiday poem, A Cup of Christmas Tea.