The first Women’s Rights Convention took place in Seneca Falls, New York in 1848. The women passed a document called The Declaration of Sentiments which proposed that women should have the right to vote. What are two of the other ideas proposed in that document?
- Be equal to men
- Be able to own property
- Be able to sign contracts
- Be able to attend college
- Be able to keep the money they earned
The declaration of sentiments outlined the rights American women should be entitled to as citizens. It was one of the first statements of the political and social repression of American women and it marked the start of the women’s rights movement in the United States.
Debbie Haraszkiewicz is the winner of week 2.
- 2 passes to the Michigan Theatre and 2 concessions passes for $5.
- Betty Friedan’s book: “The Second Stage” donated by Friends of the Carnegie Library.
- On February 16, 2020